Dispute Resolution and Litigation
Disputes can prove costly, time consuming and a significant disruption to an organisation’s growth and profitability. They need to be managed strategically, expeditiously and in a cost-effective manner.
Dempseys Lawyers draws up its experience and skill to help clients resolve the dispute as economically, stress free and programmatically as possible. We take a commercial and strategic approach.
Whilst efforts are made to settle scores amicably where possible some matters are incapable of resolve through direct negotiation or mediation and its inevitable some disputes are inevitably destined for the courts.
Past experiences include:
- Proceedings in the Supreme Court of NSW regarding commercial and retail lease disputes;
- Patent infringement proceedings in the Federal Court of Australia;
- Minority Shareholder oppression suit in the Federal Court of Australia;
- Misleading and deceptive conduct proceedings in the Federal Court of Australia;
- Appearances in the Fair Work Commission re Unfair Dismissal claims;
- Proceedings in the Federal Circuit Court re Adverse Action Claims;
- Supreme Court Restraint of Trade proceedings;
- Prosecuting for breach of fiduciary obligations and breach of confidential information in the Equity Division of the Supreme Court; and
- Various interlocutory proceedings in the Supreme Court including interim injunctive relief.
We also have at our disposal a Nationally Accredited Mediator who can assist business partners, joint venture partners and those disputing parties who have an important ongoing relationship to maintain, resolve their differences creatively and commercially so that the business might endure.