Property and Construction
Property transactions typically involve substantial capital outlay and so it’s important that proper and thorough due diligence of any acquisition, disposal or dealing is conducted and that any risks associated with the transaction are minimised before proceeding. A thorough knowledge of relevant legislation that might impact on the clients’ proposed transaction is vital.
Dempseys Law draws upon its experience in dealing with large corporate & private landowners, REIT’s, listed property funds, property developers, builders, retail and commercial tenants and private net worth individuals to ensure its clients’ positions are both enhanced and protected.
- Advising on large commercial & retail lease transactions for landowners and tenants;
- Class 1 Appeal in the Land & Environment Court NSW;
- Transacting retail, industrial and commercial property acquisitions and disposals;
- Resolving landlord /tenant disputes;
- Section 34 and 35 claims for compensation under the Retail Leases Act NSW 1994;
- Advising on and negotiating building & construction contracts (incl. AS 4300, AS 4000, AS 2124 and AS 4902);
- Advising and negotiating on engineering and large infrastructure contracts; and
- Resolving building contract disputes.